Students work intensively in the Lookingglass style of play creation as they create a performance based on a single theme. Past themes have included responsibility, race, immigration, and education.
- Ages Entering Grades 9-12
- Dates July 5 – August 10, 2017
- Tuition N/A
- Time 9am – 1pm
- Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Description: The Lookingglass Lab Ensemble researches, writes, rehearses and performs an original play based on IDENTITY. In addition to strengthening acting and performing skills, apprentices learn dramaturgy and playwriting. Students meet with creative professionals and representatives from the arts departments of local universities to learn about future opportunities in pursuit of creative careers. At the end of the program, the Lookingglass Lab Ensemble will perform their original play on stage at Lookingglass Theatre downtown!
Dates: 7/5/2017 – 8/10/2017
Location: Lookingglass Theatre
821 N Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
To participate in an After School Matters program, you must:
- Be a resident of the City of Chicago
- Be enrolled in a Chicago Public high school
- Be an entering Freshmen through graduated Senior