When does registration begin?
- Fall 2018 Class Registration will open August 2018
- Winter 2019 Class Registration will open November 2018
- Spring 2019 Class Registration will open February 2019
- Spring and Summer Camps: Registration will open Mid January 2019
How do I register for a program?
- We offer two methods of registration for your convenience: register online for classes and for camps by clicking here, or by phone at 773.477.9257 x 193
Registration is available only during the listed times of availability.
How long are the sessions?
- Studio Classes: Studio Classes session are 10 weeks, unless otherwise noted. Classes range from 45 minutes to 75 minutes, depending on age.
- Camps: Camps run Monday through Friday. Specific days and session length varies by program.
- Spring Break Camps: 1 week (One session in 2018)
- Arts Quest Camp: 2 weeks (Five sessions in 2018)
- Summergglass Camp: 2 weeks (Five sessions in 2018)
- Lookingglass Lab: 4 Weeks (One session in 2018)
- Summer Camp on the Lake: 4 weeks (One session in 2018)
- If you need to cancel your registration for a class, you will receive a full refund within 48 hours or more in advance of the first class if your cancellation does not drop the class below minimum enrollment. If you need to cancel a camp registration, you will receive a partial refund, less the $100 non-refundable deposit if we are able to fill your spot. There are no camp refunds after May 1.
When is payment due?
- Payment is required at the time of registration. For your convenience, Lookingglass offers payment plans. Please call for details. All programs must be paid in full by the program start date. Lookingglass accepts cash, check, or credit card.
Do you provide scholarships for your camps and classes?
- Lookingglass is committed to assisting all students in participating in our programs regardless of their financial situation. We offer limited, need-based scholarships for both our classes and camps. Please contact the Education Department for further details and deadlines at email@example.com or by calling 773.477.9257 x 193.
- Financial aid for our Summer Camps is also available. Applications are made available on our website starting in January, and are generally due mid March. To submit an application by mail, send to 871 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1330, Chicago, IL 60611 or you can email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that all Studio Class Scholarship Applications are due one week before the session begins.)
Do you provide discounts for your camps and classes?
- Our discounts for our Studio Classes and Camps are as follows:
- Studio Class Discounts:
- Season Subscribers and Fourth Presbyterian Church Members: Receive 10% off registration
- Multiple Registrations: Receive 10% off registration for each additional registration
- Camp Discounts:
- Returning Camper: Receive 15% off initial registration
- Season Subscribers: Receive $20 rebate after time of registration
- Multiple Registrations: Receive 10% off registration for each additional registration.
- Studio Class Discounts:
- Discounts are issued at the time of registration and cannot be added retroactively. Families who apply discounts incorrectly may be subject to additional fees. Discounts cannot be combined with the exception of the Returning Camper Discount. The Returning Camper Discount and Subscriber Discount are only valid for one registration. Multiple Registration Discount will be applied to all successive registrations, with the exception of the initial registration. Multiple Registration discount can be applied to family members signing up simultaneously.
What are your liability policies?
- Lookingglass is not responsible for injuries sustained on its premises. We reserve the right to exercise discretion in accepting students for our programs. Students may be denied entrance if, in the professional judgment of the faculty and administration, their participation would pose a danger to themselves or others. Lookingglass does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender or disability.
Can my student make up a class/camp?
- Due to the nature of our programs, we are unable to offer make ups for missed sessions. Please be sure to tell us in advance if your student will be missing any program days due to travel, illness, or other circumstances. If your child is sick, he or she must be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to Lookingglass. If your child develops any symptoms while at Lookingglass (including fever, upset stomach, nausea, coughing, etc), you will be notified immediately for pick-up.
Where do classes take place?
All 2018–19 Studio Classes are held in the Fourth Presbyterian Church’s Gratz Center at 126 E Chestnut. You and your student will enter the Gratz Center building from the Chestnut street entrance. At the end of the class, the students will return to the Gratz Center Chestnut Street lobby, accompanied by the Lookingglass teaching artist for pick up.
Where do camps take place?
Most of our camp programs take place downtown, with the exception of Hyde Park. Specific drop off and pick up locations vary by program. Summer camp programs culminate with performances on the Lookingglass stage (871 N Michigan Ave). For more information, please refer to the specific program of interest, or contact us 773.477.9257 x 193.
Where do I park during a Lookingglass program?
Please click here to learn more about our conveniently located parking options!
What should my camper wear?
Please note that children must wear loose, comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes each day, as we will be doing activities that require freedom of movement. If your student would like to wear a dress or a skirt, please be sure that leggings are worn as well.
What should I pack for lunch?
Children must bring a lunch to camp every day. Lunches should be clearly marked with their names and given to their camp instructors every morning upon arrival. Lunches will not be refrigerated during camp. Please feel free to use cold packs and other creative ideas for perishable items. Lookingglass Camps are NUT-FREE ZONES.
What should my camper bring with them?
Please note that no valuables, including toys, money, or games are allowed at camp. Lookingglass Theatre Company is not responsible for any lost or stolen items that are brought to camp. We understand that some students may have cell phones in case of emergency, but we do not allow their use during camp.