Join us to create theatre magic this year as we excitedly return to in-person Summer Camp! Lookingglass Theatre Company’s Summer Camp offers a four-week immersive experience in theater, movement, music, and art, for young people in grades 3-8. Your young artist will receive training from professionals in the core values of Lookingglass Theatre: Collaboration, Transformation, and Invention.
These values have guided the Lookingglass Ensemble to create some of the most memorable and spectacular theatre experiences and they will guide your camper on their journey as they explore their own creativity while writing, rehearsing, and performing an original show featuring their own art, dance, and original music. At the end of Summer Camp, your child and their newly created performance piece will be featured on the Lookingglass Main Stage at the historic Water Tower Water Works.
- Ages: Entering Grades 3-8
- Tuition: $885
- Dates: June 27- July 22, 2022
- Length: 4 weeks
- Days: Mondays – Fridays
- Time: 9:30AM – 3:15PM
- Location: Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts. 915 E 60th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
SUMMER CAMP ON THE LAKE DAILY SCHEDULE
Summer Camp meets Monday through Friday, from 9:30AM – 3:30PM at the Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts. Over the course of the four-week session, our campers – with the direction and support of our camp staff – will create and perform an original piece of theatre surrounding the summer’s theme! If you would like to learn more about our daily routine, please see the sample schedule below:
- 9:15AM – 9:30AM: Drop off at Logan Center for the Arts
- 9:30AM – 10AM: Warm-up!
- 10AM – 10:45AM: Theater – exploration of themes & writing the script
- 10:45AM – 10:55AM: Break
- 10:55AM – 11:35AM: Movement or Music Class – developing songs or dances that tell the story
- 11:35AM – 12:15PM: Art Class – create character masks or costume pieces
- 12:15PM – 1PM: Lunch
- 1PM – 2PM: Camper’s Choice (theater games, sports, art, free time)
- 2PM – 3PM: Rehearsal – putting all the pieces together on your feet!
- 3PM – 3:15PM: Wrap-up
- 3:15PM – 3:30PM: Pick up at Logan for the Arts Center Pick-Up
- Summer Camp staff includes one director and assistant director, three specialists (art, movement, and music), four group leaders (one per group), and four counselors. At any given time during the camp day, 2-3 adults are assigned to each group of campers.
- The maximum enrollment for Summer Camp is 65 students. Students are divided into four groups according to grade level and are typically comprised of 16-17 students per group.
- Summer Camp is intended for students entering 3-8th grades, but we are happy to welcome returning campers who will be entering 9th grade to register for one last summer at Lookingglass Summer Camp! Please email email@example.com that you are planning to register, so that we can make a special note.
PLEASE NOTE: Campers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to attend. Additionally, masks and other precautionary measures may be required for all camp activities, pending COVID-19 conditions and public health guidance.
DISCOUNTS & FINANCIAL AID
Early Bird Discount:
- Save 10% if you register by March 15!
- Receive 10% off registration for each additional registration
Scholarships & Financial Aid:
Partial and full scholarships are available for those who would like to apply. Please call or email Director of Education, Lee Peters, to receive more information on applying for camp scholarships. firstname.lastname@example.org, 773.477.9257. X 1040